Friday, October 24, 2008

Emotions...

Right now with everything going on in my life and my family, today I have mixed emotions.

First- I heard from my best friend in China and I am glad he is coming home safely...another 30 hours on the plane doesn't sound fun, but I know he will have a great sermon when he gets back. So I am excited about all that.

Second- Band practice was really bad yesterday.....really bad. Our band director was not going to continue practice because kids were acting lazy and it was being non productive. Don't know if the kids will have another chance to perform before this weekends competition. If it rains tonight...most likely will...they will not go to the Lexington Football game. This means they will not perform again until the competition at West Oak HS. Unless...he lets them do a run through before leaving the high school on Saturday. So I am kinda sad about that for my kids and all the kids that has worked so hard. This is not our State competition...we have 3 more practices before that happens. Just want them to walk away from this season feeling good about marching and the new director. He really is good and knows what he is talking about...some just don't believe him. This is sad.

Third- Worried about how many shoeboxes our church is going to do. I have only gotten 300.00 vs the 1500.00 that I got last year for shoeboxes. I think I will need to ask for people to bring items such as washclothes, soap and toothbrushes. I have collected other stuff but not alot. Lots of stuffed animals but would love to do more. We will see.

Forth- Hopeful, that I have a renter for my house! 3 girls that wants to rent. I hope so because I will have to pay taxes on this soon and hope that all the financial stuff will work itself out..really tight on money for everything....I do mean everything!

Fifth- Exhausted. We are really close to having my sisters business in order. I worked over 7 hours after work this week on Wednesday to get things out. We are so close. I just need to push her a little bit more to finish the last 5 schools. I am learning a little bit about her systems and I want to learn how to edit and create memory videos. In my spare time right?? LOL

So as you can see, I am just all over the map with my emotions today and have been that way for awhile. I just want to see some normal stuff happen. Then there is nothing normal really, define it...normal...can't! i think of the song 'Life is a highway'. i have been riding it all day and night long.. Lol

Have a wonderful weekend and a wonderful day! Love you all.

No comments: