Monday, October 27, 2008

Great Weekend!

I had a great weekend! Our band did great as they did a clean sweep of everything at West Oak HS- Westminister SC.
We took the following trophies home: Best Drum Major, Best drumline, best band front, best hornline, Division 4 Champions, Div 3& 4 Champions, Overall Grand Champions....whew! That was great! If you want to see the run you can see it on my facebook!

Another thing with OCC this weekend. Sunday night I went and talked to a Catholic youth group. Showed a DVD and Challenge them to be creative and own this project! They were all talking and coming up with great ideas! I hope that this is a start of something beautiful for this youth group.
Greg preached that morning about finding your JOB, your PLACE where God has gifted you and do that Job. I really never considered occ a job more like a passion. Someone talked behind my back one time and said...Pat will be one of those that will talk in front of lots of people. I never thought of it until now how God has allowed me to do that and how that person saw something in me at that time that I never saw in myself. Since then I have told that person that I heard what they said and was flattered they even thought that of me. Sometimes others see thing in you that you don't see in yourself. Take compliments from others as far as your gifts and stop and think.....is that my job? Take ownership of that and go with it. You will never know how God is using that for even Bigger plans down the road.

Jeremiah 29:11
"I know what I am doing. I have it all planned out...."

Go with what God has planned for you...not what you have planned for you!

Have a great week! Start packing those Shoeboxes!!!!

No comments: