If I did this right you should see a picture of William and his friend Jack. They have known each other since birth - they are only 6 months apart and as friends they know they have each others back. Isn't it great when you know you have a friend that 'has your back'?
Summer has started as Rebecca is working in a plant nursery. William is staying with friends going to the church as a leader in Kidz kamp. Soon trips to the beach are being planned and trips to camp are in the works....ahhhh. Now to figure out when I am going on vacation.
Family vacation is not something my family did when growing up. Douglas family did. In turn for this family if I don't plan it, it doesn't happen. Now friends have told me that there is no reason that we should not have a vacation. It all boils down to money...for some reason it always does. So maybe I will plan another trip for the weekend to see friends in Greenwood. ( the only friends we have out of town). Something fun as a family. Soon Rebecca will be to old to not to be even seen with us- right now we are pulling her along.
Before we know it Band season will be on its way and we are excited to have a new director this year. Yes- I am one of those band geek parents and proud of it!!! It is exciting to see 122 kids work together and produce some of the most wonderful entertainment that is great and wholesome. It was definately the best years of my high school days. Rebecca says I am trying to live my high school days through her....my answer ' so what'! LOL She loves it and would not give it up for anything.
Til next time- Find that friend that 'has your back', plan a vacation - even on a budget and be apart of your kids lives...it really does make a difference.
See ya!
i hate haters...
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment